Tuesday 29 January 2013

Medication Mishap

Verbal exchange of the day:
At the doctors -
Receptionist: Well since your prescription isn't here, I can probably get it sorted for you tomorrow.
Me: No, that's not really going to work for me - I ran out of Citalopram yesterday...
Receptionist: So you won't be ok?
Me: No, I really do need it...
(For contextual purposes, I had previously been told that my script would just be there to pick up when I needed it and I really wouldn't be able to manage a day or two with no anti-depressants AND no anti-anxiety. That really just wouldn't be a thing - if I wasn't dead by the morning, I'd be a burbling, incarcerated mess...)

So! Today was a little bit mental. I was just buzzing around doing photography all afternoon for Mind and then trying to get everything printed off in time at college for the family portraits before the next class started as well as sorting out the quality of half of them... As consequence of my crazy day, I was three hours late for college and seven hours late in taking a third of the normal dose of my medication. 
Thankfully, I'm now sitting and blogging, just finishing off a Jager and Coke, with all the guys (Matt, Boz and Dale) while they play Magic.
On a better note, I used my first ever Lush bath bomb last night - it was one of the Christmas ones, Cinders - and it was absolutely amazing! By the end of all the fizzing and the popping candy, I was pretty much just sitting in a bath of yellow which, while it sounds weird, was actually pretty fun. I also got to use Soak 'n' Float and Superbalm for my currently horrendously psoriasis-covered scalp. Unfortunately, I didn't wash it all out thoroughly enough so my hair just looked and felt all horrible and greasy this morning which warranted another shower and, I can safely say, after two uses, Soak 'n' Float, despite its godawful scent, is incredible and has already made a hell of a difference! I'm looking forward to just seeing more and more improvement as I use it more. 

I got my first 'proper' bit of Cath Kidston clothing yesterday! My auntie bought me one of the new patterned dresses as part exchange for books that I had sold her. It's the gorgeous strawberry patterned one, I think I'm going to wear it tomorrow when I go to visit Charlotte. Today, as a part of an outfit to go with the dress, I bought myself a Cath Kidston cardigan in plain red. It's gorgeous. As well as a set of four hair grips and, since we collectively spent £30 or more twice before the 28th of February and got two stamps on the little card thing they have going at the moment, I got a free clasp purse worth £12. I chose the pale blue one with strawberries to match the dress.

As for work, I did over 30 hours last week whereas I'd usually only do 12 per week so I'm rather looking forward to getting paid next month. One of my shifts was 12 hours on its own whereas another one ended up being 11 when it should only have been 9. Once I was called in early, one was a normal shift and the other was pretty much forced overtime... By forced, I mean I said no, firmly, to my team leader to which he acted as if I'd said 'well I guess, but only four hours' and then put me in for 9am till 1pm on Sunday. It's because of this that I justified paying an obscene amount for a plain red woollen cardigan which I could totally make myself...

Anyway, because I was so distracted during the writing of this post, it has like no continuity whatsoever. Sorry about that. I shall maybe, maybe write some more tomorrow for you lovely lot but for now, I'm going to play on The Sims 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment