Monday 11 November 2013

Vegetarian Fish n Chips and StayClassy

Now as you may or may not already know, I'm vegetarian. (No, I'm not a member of PETA and, as an organisation, they disgust me).
Now since going veggie 18 months ago, I've found it pretty easy. My partner's vegetarian, so that helps a lot, and before the switch, I never really ate a lot of meat. The only thing that I ever really 'missed' was salmon. I only ever ate salmon maybe once every two months (or less) when we went out for sushi and even then, I'd have maybe one or two pieces of salmon sashimi and that'd be it.
I always ate a lot of fish, when I ate meat but, like I said, it wasn't a big miss. Occasionally I had fish and chips cravings when I passed a chippy but that was it. I always loved battered cod from the chippy and I think I always will think fondly of it, particularly since it was locally and ethically sourced.
However, a while back, like 16 months ago, I discovered vegan fish n chips at Jack Sprats at the top of Chillingham Road. Sadly, Jack Sprats has now closed down but the craving for vegan rich n chips has not gone away. This led me to do a bit of internet trawling until I found these beauties:


  1. Vegan Fish n Chips with halloumi
  2. Vegan Fish n Chips with tofu
  3. Vegan Fish n Chips also with tofu (and quinoa)
To say that I was excited to try them out would be an understatement. I'm going to buy some tofu tomorrow night and give the second one a try this week. I'll let you know how it goes.

In the meantime, NaNoWriMo's going really well and I'd be honoured if you could take a look at Newcastle's StayClassy page (and maybe even sponsor us too!). The OLL's a great cause, bringing literacy and creative writing to underprivileged communities around the world. So thanks in advance, for perusing it. 
I'm going to get back to writing now. Have a nice night/day wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment