Saturday 7 December 2013

Veggie Bacon and Egg Muffins

This is what I intended to write about last night. Well, this morning. Whenever. That last post was supposed to be about this:

Bacon and Egg Muffin Cups, Veggie Style!

I've see these floating around the internet a lot in the last few months. They seemed sort of revolutionary and obvious at the same time - especially with the internet's obsession with bacon.
I honestly don't know how that obsession is a thing, I mean, bacon's great and all but it's not that great... Don't tell anyone I said that!

I found this recipe on Cooking Whims.

Basically, you put circles of bread in a muffin tin, wrap some bacon around the cup bit and then fill the space in the middle with an egg. Cook the whole lot for 10-15 minutes and serve. Voila! Egg and Bacon Muffin Cups!

Now a few of you might notice a problem here. My partner and I are vegetarian. Bacon isn't vegetarian - shocking, I know. What I did buy though was Quorn bacon. Now I've never had it before but apparently it tastes reasonably similar to the meaty bacon. So I'm going to give these muffins a shot. By the time that this blog gets to the internet, we'll have eaten them, for better or worse and I'll be able to review them tomorrow night after work. I'll try to reign in my christmas related anger after work tomorrow so that I can write happily about the muffin cups. Maybe I'll do some yoga before I blog...

Clearly I should do yoga before I blog anyway - then I might appear wholesome and well-adjusted rather that batshit insane...

Anywayyyyy!

I'm off to make bacon and egg muffin cups! If you make them, or make a variation of them, let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment